Friday, September 01, 2006

KD1



Nine Days to Mix a Cocktail

If god made the earth in seven days then isle certainly be able to mix a cocktail in nine, even if I’m not a cat and I only have one life and let’s face it, not face off for once, you must know I don’t hold it against you that you took my cherry, which admittedly was ripe but not for the picking and picking up on that it’s a hard lesson to learn and quite a shock to realize that I’m not too sexy for my shirt or was it your shirt and you were pretty shirty so if you want to know the truth neither one of us is too sexy for this place and I’m sure that I’ll work out what this place is although it’s hard to put all the pieces together, if you’ve never seen them whole and speaking of together it’s not what I am, and not what we are and I never mixed in and I’m all mixed up and shaken not stirred like that cocktail I’m supposed to be making and all the while you’re counting down nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, for what it’s worth I still think I have time to make that cocktail but there’s just one thing that may beat me in the end, one thing, that isn’t that thing that beats me most of the time and it’s time, it’s time, it’s time to get the things I need, it’s time, three, two, one and someone’s won but it wasn’t me, it would never be me sitting under those palm trees, floating, feeling footloose, peachy, star-struck, time’s up, and free.

© Sheryl Persson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home